Title: Specialist – Pre Sales
Job Type: Permanent
Location: UK - Paris Garden
Salary: £55k-£70K per year
Will be responsible for the end-to-end success of Sungard AS’ opportunities; including pre-sales support, solution design, pricing, detailed documentation and solution handover to ensure a successful implementation. The Solutions Engineer will also have an impact on the organization through feedback and improvements upon product strategy, pricing, big deal processes and ‘Voice of the Customer’ contributions from Operations and Implementation to continually improve solution design quality.
- Drive incremental revenue through the development and maintaining of C-level technical and business relationships with large complex sales opportunities to best position Sungard AS’s capabilities and integrated value proposition
- Demonstrate a consultative selling approach, identify client business needs, determine client desired outcomes and architect a commercially and technically viable solution, utilizing where possible Sungard AS’s services and capabilities. Including Consulting, Cloud, Managed, Advanced and Traditional recovery services
- Maintain and manage internal and external cooperation of Customer and Sungard AS resources: Enterprise Solutions, Sales, Support, Operations, Legal, Contract Administration and executive team to drive sales success
- Be a Sungard AS brand ambassador for Sungard AS; demonstrating thought leadership and presenting to customer and industry groups as required.
- Provide feedback into new and existing product portfolio and strategic roadmap
- Partner with the sales team to design solutions for customers
- Account for both high level budgetary and detailed development estimates for a proposed solution.
- Drive efficiencies and change within the Solutions Engineering organization through process improvements
- Develop and deliver effective professional presentations to internal and external stakeholders, from a technical to CX level audience
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships within Prospects, Customers and Sungard AS
- Maintain a solid working knowledge of Sungard AS products, services and capabilities
- Work supportively with colleagues, operating in a collegiate manner at all times and in line with the Company’s values..
- Degree in Computer Science, or Information Systems preferred, or with equivalent work-related experience in a technical service or Pre-Sale role Essential
- Project Management (Scrum - Master, Prince II – Practitioner, Lean Six Sigma) Essential
- ITIL V3 Essential
- Industry / Technology Certifications – Network, Replication, Storage & Virtualisation e.g (Zerto, AWS, VMware, Cisco, NetApp, Dell Technologies) Essential
- Proven and demonstrable listening and verbal and written communication skills requiredEssential
- Exceptional project management skills with the ability to prioritise multiple concurrent complex projects Essential
- Proven experience and knowledge of DRaaS, Workplace and Managed Recovery Methodologies Essential
- On Premise & Hyperscale Cloud Computing solution design Essential
- Industry / Vendor professional certification in a relative technical discipline/s (Zerto/AWS/Cisco) Essential
- WLAN/LAN & Other IP access point technologies Essential
- Proven knowledge of Data Centre operations including; power, HVAC, fire suppression, security Essential
- Windows, Linux and UNIX OS basics Essential
- Deep knowledge and design experience of Mode 1 & 2 Application architectures Desirable
- Deep knowledge and design experience of Network / data security principles Essential
- Deep knowledge and design experience of storage and backup technologies Essential
- Driven individual with the ability to work alone or as part of a team, with a results-oriented mindset Essential
- Demonstrable experience, or equivalent, in the resilience or DRaaS service provider or sector, in a customer-facing sales or solutions engineering role Essential
- Proven experience supporting complex client requirements assessment and solutions development required Essential
- Proven experience in establishing and solidifying strategic relationships with key customers and partners, while representing suites of complex IT, IT services, and/or advanced availability solutions Essential
- Ability to translate customer business needs and requirements into an appropriate and commercially acceptable technical solution Essential
- Self-starter with a reputation for being an effective change agent Essential
- Can do work ethic, doing “whatever it takes” with resolve, integrity and an appropriate sense of urgency to meet deadlines and get the job done Essential
- Exhibited skill-set, capabilities, and hard-hitting determination to drive through actions in partnership with management/business unit partners Essential
- Clear understanding of all tiers of a technical solution both from a technical and business mindset Essential
- Ability to work in an intense, dynamic and fast paced environment Essential
- Travel as needed for the role. This is a customer facing role and requires travel within the UK and Europe and may require international travel as required Essential.
- Candidate must complete BS7858 British standard screening prior to joining company.
Closing Date: 28th Sept 2018
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.