Sungard Availability Services (Sungard AS) is an industry-recognized leader in delivering resilient and recoverable production environments for global enterprises through managed IT, cloud and recovery services.
Our diverse, global team of “Sungardians” are passionate about applying their insight and deep expertise in production and recovery to Lead with Resilience. We work to understand our customers’ business goals, tailor services that align with their desired business outcomes, and deliver the right environments for managing their critical IT systems. Every Sungard AS employee makes a meaningful contribution to delivering on our mission to transform IT for resilient business. We want to add outstanding talent to our team. If you want to become an integral part of a collaborative organization that offers industry-leading benefits and a commitment to employee advancement, we’d be excited to speak with you!
Title: Specialist - Solutions Engineering
Years of experience: 6- 8 years
With the growing pace of engagement across Public Cloud & Hosted Private Cloud solutions, SGAS India is hiring Solutions Engineer who shall be chartered to design & build services solution for SGAS managed cloud, recovery services, hosting services & backup, archival services across market opportunities for a faster response through a repeatable sales model.
As a Solutions Engineer, you will be responsible for the end-to-end success of Sungard AS’ solution prepositions supporting market opportunities within India & globally (North America & UK). With pace of engagement as the key requirement, the job responsibility would require you to engage in pre-sales support, solution design, pricing, and solution documentation (building deal pack, HLD, LLD) facilitating successful transfer of information to implementation. The Solutions Engineer will also have an impact on the organization through feedback and improvements upon product strategy, pricing, big deal processes and ‘Voice of the Customer’ contributions from Operations and Implementation to continually improve solution design quality.
- Partner with the Sales team to work on all repeatable business & design effective solutions to fit customer requirements.
- Engage in identifying client business issues, determine client desired outcomes and architect an information availability solution that utilizes Sungard AS’s products and services, including Hosting Services, Infrastructure Services, Managed Services, Advanced and Traditional recovery Services.
- Manage the communication and internal cooperation of Sungard AS resources: Enterprise Solutions, Sales, Support, Operations, Legal, Contract Administration and the executive team to help drive sales success.
- Be a brand ambassador for Sungard AS; provide thought leadership in presenting to industry groups as requested.
- Provide feedback into new and existing product portfolio and strategic roadmap.
- Account for both high level (ROM) and detailed development estimates for a proposed solution and build, present solution proposals.
- Drive efficiencies and change within the Solution Engineering organization through continual process improvements.
- Prepare and deliver effective professional presentations at all levels, both internal and external.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships within Sungard AS across account teams in respective regions.
- Maintain a solid working knowledge of Sungard AS products and services.
- Complete all assigned product, services, policy and other training as assigned by management.
- All other job duties as assigned by management.
- Travel as needed for the role. This varies by geography and ranges up to 50% or more in some instances such as national roles.
Professional Experience and Qualities:
- Uniquely talented and highly intelligent with a results-oriented mindset.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years’ experience, in a technical Sales and/or Solution Engineering role.
- Significant experience in Information Technology / IT Infrastructure solutions.
- Experience in Managed Cloud services, DC Hosting services working through pricing & contracting.
- Proven track record of establishing and solidifying tactical relationships with key customers and partners, while representing suites of complex IT services, and/or advanced availability solutions.
- Ability to take a holistic and strategic view of the business process, leveraging a deep understanding of end-to-end business models and sales.
- Self-starter with a reputation for being an effective change agent.
- Tenacious work ethic, demonstrating initiative, integrity, ownership, accountability and urgency in meeting aggressive deadlines
- Clear understanding of all tiers of a technical solution both from a technical and business mindset.
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering preferred, but will consider applicants with equivalent work-related experience in a technical service or product support role
- Min of 5-7 years’ experience developing complex IT solutions per client requirements
- 3 - 5 years of technical services, pre-sales support experience or equivalent.
- 1 - 3 years of managed hosting services, networking experience, or equivalent.
- 1 - 3 years of business and/or technical consulting experience or equivalent.
- Exceptional communications skills, both written and verbal required.
- Excellent presentation skills at all levels – ideally proven CxO level presentation expertise.
- Exceptional project management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple complex projects required.
- Working knowledge of Enterprise IT architecture and integrated solution design.
- Experience with current Cloud Provider architecture and solution design, including AWS, Azure, GCP
- Have at least one current industry / Vendor professional certification in a relative technical discipline.
- Understanding of data center best practices, including; power, HVAC, fire suppression, security.
- Windows, Linux and UNIX OS basics.
- 3-tier web architectures, LAN, WAN and security design.
- Enterprise storage, replication and backup technology architecture and design.
- Understanding of HA, business continuity and DR strategies, methodologies and designs.
- Managed Hosting Services design, delivery, technologies and concepts.
- Strong VMware virtualization background.
- Ability to clearly understand and accurately document customer requirements.
- Ability to drive customer requirements through design and implementation.
- Ability to effectively learn technical products, services and solutions and readily apply new knowledge.
- Must demonstrate the following core values: Accountability, Initiative, Integrity, Respect, Teamwork
- Familiarity with the Cloud Provider architectures, products and solutions.
- Familiarity with Virtualization products and solutions.
- AWS Cloud certification (Solutions Architect / Cloud Practitioner)
- Must demonstrate a continued certification and accreditation within an area of technical expertise
- Network security methods, appliances and systems.
- Experience with database management systems.
- Knowledge of general pre-sales operations.
- Business and Technical consulting services.
- Current IT services product/technology/industry knowledge.
- Experience with Managed Services, hosting services & cloud recovery solution ( DRaaS/Backup as a service).