Title: Architect - Solutions
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Wayne-PA or Other Sungard AS Office Location
Architect - Solutions
As an Architect - Solutions, you will be responsible for the end-to-end success of Sungard AS’ largest and most complex opportunities; including pre-sales support, solution design, pricing, and proper documentation and turnover to ensure a successful implementation of Amazon’s Cloud Services offerings. The Solutions Architect will also have an impact on the organization strategically; through feedback and improvements upon product strategy, pricing, big deal processes and ‘Voice of the Customer’ contributions from Operations and Implementation to continually improve solution design quality.
- Partner with the Sales team, using a consultative approach, identify client business issues, determine client desired outcomes and architect an information availability solution that utilizes all of Sungard’s products and services, including consulting services, infrastructure services, managed services, advanced and traditional recovery services.
- Manage the communication and internal cooperation of Sungard resources: Enterprise Solutions, Sales, Support, Operations, Legal, Contract Admin and executive team to help drive sales success.
- Maintain familiarity and adherence to all Sungard methods and procedures.
- Prioritize and maintain sales pipeline within assigned region, focusing on large or strategic opportunities, as defined by Sales. Report out on deal status and progress.
- Brand ambassador for Sungard; thought leadership in presenting to industry groups as requested.
- Provide feedback into new and existing product portfolio and strategic roadmap.
- Account for both high level (ROM) and detailed development estimates for a proposed solution.
- Manage the solutioning processes with cross-functional teams as required to envision, define, design and monitor the implementation of complex solutions to our clients.
- Drive efficiencies and change within the Solutions Engineering organization through process improvements.
- Provide mentoring, training and coaching within the Sales organization.
- Travel as needed for the role. This varies by geography and ranges up to 50% or more in some instances such as national roles.
- Develop and deliver effective professional presentations at any internal or external level.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships within Sungard.
- Maintain a solid working knowledge of Sungard products and services.
- Complete all assigned product, services, policy and other training as assigned by management.
- Complete quarterly objectives (MBO’s).
- Track time/activities as defined by management.
- All other job duties as assigned by management.
Professional Experience and Qualities:
- Uniquely talented and highly intelligent with a results-oriented mindset.
- Ten (10) to fifteen (15) years’ experience, or equivalent, in the technology industry, which resulted from consumer-facing roles in sales, and/or solutions engineering.
- Significant experience in the background of information technology/IT infrastructure segment.
- Proven track record of establishing and solidifying strategic relationships with key customers and partners, while representing suites of complex IT, IT services, and/or advanced availability solutions.
- Ability to take a holistic and strategic view of the business process, leveraging a deep understanding of end-to-end business models and sales.
- Self-starter with a reputation for being an effective change agent.
- Tenacious work ethic, doing “whatever it takes” with resolve, integrity and an appropriate sense of urgency to meet deadlines and get the job done.
- Exhibited skill-set, capabilities, and hard-hitting determination to drive through actions in partnership with management/business unit partners.
- Ability to communicate complex technical solutions to a business and/or functional audience.
- Clear understanding of all tiers of a technical solution both from a technical and business mindset.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering preferred but will consider applicants with equivalent work-related experience in a technical service or product support role with a minimum educational requirement of a H.S. Diploma or GED equivalent.
- 7 - 10 years of technical services, pre-sales support experience or equivalent.
- 7 - 10 years of managed hosting services, networking experience, or equivalent.
- 7 – 10 years of business and/or technical consulting experience or equivalent.
- Ability to develop, write and defend business case analysis for solutions not part of current product.
- Exceptional listening and verbal and written communication skills required
- Excellent presentation skills at all levels.
- Exceptional project management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple complex projects required.
Technical Domain Focus: required skills and certifications AWS Expert:
- Senior level expertise in presales, solution development, and implementation experience for complex AWS Cloud solutions.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional.
- Preferred certification in AWS Advanced Networking Specialty.
- Other AWS technical certifications a plus.
- Min of 3 years supporting client requirements assessment and solutions development required in moving workloads to AWS.
General acumen in all (or a subset of the following based on technical domain focus):
- Enterprise architecture and integrated solution design.
- IT Outsourcing design approach, datacenter transformation planning and design.
- Cloud Computing solution design – Vmware.
- Data center operations basics including; power, HVAC, fire suppression, security.
- Windows, Linux and UNIX OS basics.
- 3-tier web architectures. LAN, WAN and security design.
- Storage and backup technology design.
- Basic understanding of high availability methods, protocols and designs. Business continuity and disaster recovery strategies and methodologies.
- Managed Hosting Services delivery, technologies and concepts.
- Data replication and data mirroring technologies and processes.
- Strong VMware virtualization background.
- Confident in understanding requirements, acts on initiative to deliver. Detail oriented; Ability to quickly learn new technologies as required.
Strongly Desired Skills in all (or a subset of the following based on technical domain focus):
- Network security methods, appliances and systems.
- SAN, NAS and DASD installation, configuration and management.
- Experience with cloud management portals such as vRealize Automation, OpenStack.
- Familiarity with the Cloud ecosystem, products and solutions.
- Web, database, middleware, email or ERP application installation, configuration and management.
- Business and Technical consulting services.
- General business operations.
- Experience with database management systems.
- Strong product/technology/industry knowledge.
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.